Formula 1 is coming to Las Vegas in 2023! After years of rumors, it's finally been confirmed that F1 will host a night race on the Las Vegas Strip starting next November. This will be the first time F1 has raced in Las Vegas since the Caesars Palace Grand Prix in the early 1980s.
F1 in Vegas - Everything You Need to Know
The Las Vegas Grand Prix will take place on a Saturday night in November 2023. The 3.8 mile circuit will see F1 cars racing at speeds up to 212 mph down the iconic Las Vegas Strip, passing by world-famous hotels and casinos. Here are all the key details for the inaugural Las Vegas GP:
- Date: November 18, 2023
- Circuit: 3.8 mile track including part of the Strip and surrounding areas
- Lap Length: 3.8 miles
- Number of Laps: TBD
- Race Time: Saturday night under the lights
- Tickets: On sale in 2023, prices TBA
The night race format will provide a one-of-a-kind spectacle as F1 cars zoom down the brightly lit Strip. Race organizers are promising entertainment, parties, and activations around the circuit to complement the on-track action.
Where to Buy Tickets
Tickets for the 2023 Las Vegas GP are not on sale yet, but you can expect them to be in high demand. Here's what to know about getting tickets when they go on sale:
- Get on Presale Lists: Sign up at F1.com and with ticket sellers like Ticketmaster to get early access to presale tickets.
- Buy Early: Tickets will likely sell out fast, so try to buy during presales or right when general on-sale begins.
- Explore Packages: Event organizers will likely offer ticket + hotel packages that provide easy access to race tickets and rooms.
- Join Fan Groups: Become a member of official F1 fan groups for potential presale ticket opportunities.
- Avoid Resale Sites: Use trusted sources and be wary of jacked up prices on resale sites.
Why Vegas for F1?
Las Vegas provides the perfect destination for F1's first Saturday night race. The city offers world-class amenities, endless entertainment options, and the chance to bring the glitz and glamour of F1 to The Strip. With races in Austin and Miami, a third US race in Vegas cements F1's growth in America.
Start planning your F1 Vegas experience now! This will be a can't-miss event for any racing fan when the cars hit the Strip in November 2023.
F1 Vegas Schedule and Track Details
The Las Vegas GP will take place on a Saturday in November 2023. While exact details are still being finalized, we can expect the schedule to follow a typical F1 weekend format:
- Friday: Practice sessions in the late afternoon and evening
- Saturday: Final practice and qualifying during the day, main race at night
- Sunday: Potential concerts or events, but no on-track running
The 3.8 mile circuit will include sections running down Las Vegas Blvd, the main stretch of The Strip. It will also utilize surrounding roads to create the full track layout. The track route is still being finalized but is expected to provide exciting racing while showcasing Vegas landmarks.
Where to Stay for the Las Vegas Grand Prix
Spectators for the Las Vegas GP will have their choice of hotels along The Strip. Some top options include:
- Caesars Palace - Former F1 venue hotel in the 1980s, likely to offer race packages
- Bellagio - Upscale option with fountains along the track route
- MGM Grand - Vegas mega-resort in the heart of the action
- The Cosmopolitan - Modern property with balcony views over the circuit
- Wynn/Encore - Luxury hotels providing easy track access
Booking early is recommended as rooms will fill up fast for the race weekend. Those looking to maximize the experience can also inquire about special F1 ticket and hotel packages.
Experiencing the Race Weekend in Vegas
In addition to the on-track action, the race weekend in Vegas will be full of excitement:
- F1 Fan Fest - Live music, racing simulators, driver appearances and more
- Parties & Events - Pool parties, club events, sponsor activations
- F1 Paddock Access - Upgrade your ticket for access to team garages and more
- Driver Appearances - Meet and greets, public events
- Watch Parties - Big screens, F1 action and atmosphere on casino floors
With endless options for entertainment in Vegas, Formula 1 will put on an incredible spectacle for fans. It's sure to be an unforgettable atmosphere and weekend on The Strip.
Who to Watch in the Inaugural Vegas Grand Prix
F1's top drivers will be gearing up for the inaugural Las Vegas Grand Prix in 2023. Here are some of the top names to watch:
- Max Verstappen - The 2022 World Champion will look to put on a show in Vegas.
- Lewis Hamilton - The 7-time World Champion is an icon in F1 and global superstar.
- Daniel Ricciardo - The popular "Honey Badger" will aim to shine in Sin City.
- Sergio Perez - Red Bull's Mexican driver excels on street circuits.
- Charles Leclerc - The young Ferrari phenom will look to challenge for the win.
- Carlos Sainz - Leclerc's teammate at Ferrari will push for victory.
- George Russell - Mercedes' Brit aims to build on a strong 2022 season.
- Lando Norris - The fan favorite McLaren driver brings excitement on track.
- Alex Albon - Williams' Thai driver is one to watch progress up the field.
With F1's global appeal, the Vegas race is also likely to attract celebrity appearances, performances, and more stars to the spectacle.
The Future of F1 in Las Vegas
If successful, the Las Vegas GP could become a staple of the F1 calendar for years to come. The buzz around F1 is growing rapidly in the United States. Locking in a long-term future in a destination like Vegas could help boost F1's popularity and commercial success in the US market.
Fans will eagerly await the 2023 edition as the first ever F1 night race on The Strip. It's sure to be an electric event that introduces a whole new audience to the pinnacle of motorsports. The inaugural Las Vegas Grand Prix will kick off a new era for Formula 1 in Sin City.
History of F1 Racing in Las Vegas
While the 2023 race will be the first F1 Grand Prix in Las Vegas in over 40 years, the city does have some history hosting Formula 1 previously:
- Caesars Palace Grand Prix 1981 & 1982 - F1 staged two races in the parking lot of Caesars Palace in the early 80s, attracting big name drivers like Carlos Reutemann, Jacques Laffite and Riccardo Patrese.
- Las Vegas Indoor Races - In the late 1970s, USAC IndyCar races were held inside the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Las Vegas Apex Speedway - A short-lived oval track that held IndyCar and NASCAR races in the mid 1990s.
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway - This oval track located outside the city has hosted NASCAR and IndyCar but never F1.
Though those past events were mostly one-off occasions, the new Vegas GP will be a permanent fixture on the F1 schedule starting in 2023. The city provides an incredible backdrop for racing and access to a massive global audience.
The 1980s Caesars Palace races showed Las Vegas can successfully host major motorsports. However, those events were held in parking lots while the new F1 track will be custom built through the heart of the Strip. This will provide a setting unlike any other race on earth.
The rich history of racing in Vegas will only add to excitement and heritage around the new Grand Prix beginning in 2023. It starts a new chapter of F1 putting on a spectacular show in the Entertainment Capital of the World.
Getting Around Las Vegas for F1
With Formula 1 coming to Las Vegas in 2023, here are some tips for navigating the city during the race weekend:
- Monorail – Connects hotels along The Strip, good for race visitors without cars
- Rideshares – Uber, Lyft, taxis to get around areas not served by monorail
- Shuttles – Look for event shuttles running from major hotels to circuit
- Walking – Vegas has great walkability, handy for attractions near your hotel
- Rental Cars – Useful for those staying off-Strip or wanting to explore more
Getting to the Track
The Las Vegas GP circuit will be right on The Strip, making access easy from surrounding hotels and casinos. Specific transportation plans are still in development but will likely include:
- Shuttle services from major hotels
- Designated rideshare and taxi drop-off zones
- Walking routes and bridge access for nearby properties
- Public parking areas farther from track with shuttles
Avoiding Road Closures
Parts of The Strip and surrounding roads will be closed for the race. Monitor city websites and resources for:
- Details on road closures and restricted access
- Changes to parking, transit routes or pick-up/drop-off zones
- Advisories on best times to avoid heavy traffic
Planning ahead and utilizing recommended transit options will be important to get to the track and navigate busy areas on race weekend.
Experiencing the Electric Atmosphere
The F1 Vegas race will see The Strip come alive with parties, events, live music, and celebrations all weekend. Walking and taking the monorail to experience different hotspots is recommended. Be ready for big crowds and an electric atmosphere throughout Las Vegas leading up to race night!
Fan Experience at the Inaugural Vegas Grand Prix
Formula 1 in Las Vegas will provide unique fan experiences throughout the race weekend. Here are some of the attractions for attendees:
F1 Fan Zone
This central hub will feature:
- Live music and DJs
- Racing simulators and games
- Food, drinks and merchandise
- Appearances by drivers, celebrities and legends
- Autograph sessions
- Photo opportunities
Paddock and Pit Access
Upgraded tickets can include:
- Paddock access to see teams work on cars
- Garage visits to get close to the action
- Pit lane walks to view crew members in action
- Guided circuit tours on off-hours
Nightlife and Entertainment
The Vegas GP will come alive at night with:
- Pool parties and club events
- Concerts and live entertainment
- Rooftop parties overlooking the circuit
- Theatrical shows and comedy acts
- Screenings of F1 films, documentaries and more
Major resorts will activate race-viewing and celebrations including:
- Race screenings at casino sportsbooks
- Poolside viewing with live DJs
- Party decks and lounges overlooking track
- Themed food and drinks
- driver meet-and-greets
The first Las Vegas Grand Prix promises amazing F1 action paired with unmatched entertainment. It will be an unforgettable atmosphere for race fans in the city that never sleeps!
Get Ready for Lights Out in Vegas!
The groundbreaking Las Vegas Grand Prix will cap off the 2023 F1 calendar with the first ever Saturday night race on The Strip. Formula 1 is ready to put on a show in the Entertainment Capital of the World!
With races now locked in for Austin, Miami, and Las Vegas, the US is cementing itself as a major market for F1's global expansion. Combining the pinnacle of motorsports with the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas will create a one-of-a-kind sporting spectacle.
Fans can expect parties, live music, A-List celebrities and non-stop action all race weekend. The neon-lit setting will provide an electric backdrop for F1's fastest cars and biggest stars.
Start making plans and secure your spot at the inaugural Las Vegas GP in November 2023! Rooms and tickets will be in high demand for the can't-miss debut on The Strip.
Las Vegas and Formula 1 is a perfect match - get ready for lights out as a new era begins in 2023!
Stay Race-Ready at FitClub Las Vegas
Looking to stay in peak physical condition for the big F1 weekend in Vegas? FitClub Las Vegas offers a premier gym and training facility located just off The Strip.
With state-of-the-art equipment, classes, and amenities, it's the perfect spot to fit in your workouts while enjoying all the action and entertainment of race week.
What FitClub Offers
- 80,000 sq ft facility with 360-degree views
- Hundreds of cardio machines and weight stations
- Group fitness classes including HIIT, cycling, yoga, and more
- Lap pool, hot tubs, and wet lounge
- Spa services like massage, cryotherapy, and compression
- Healthy fresh meals, snacks, and nutritional coaching
- Convenient location near major hotels and attractions
Getting Race Ready
With personal trainers on staff, FitClub can tailor programs to get your body primed for keeping up with the nonstop excitement of an F1 weekend in Vegas. Their trainers specialize in:
- Improving stamina, endurance, strength, and agility
- Recovery routines to stay energized all weekend
- High-performance training used by athletes
- Custom plans based on your goals
So stay on top of your workout regimen this race week at FitClub Las Vegas! Visit fitclubvegas.com to learn more and get ready for the most thrilling weekend on The Strip.